All of the photographs on this website are the copyright of GO4 Photography and may not be used without permission.
1. The following words or expressions shall have the meanings stated:“the Photographer” means Gareth Owen trading as GO4 Photography. “The Customer” means the person who has booked and participated in the photo shoot. “Material” means all photographs, prints, transparencies, images, negatives, digital scans, digital files, design, artwork, montages, drawings, engravings and/or any other photographic product or other product comprising or containing reproduction of any form of photographic material, and which has been created by the Photographer. “Order” means any request, order, commission or instruction by or on behalf of the Customer for creation of Material by the Photographer. This includes any shoots arranged by written and verbal instruction to the photographer. “Price” means the price for an order or commission as agreed between “the photographer” and “the customer”.
2. Any work of any description undertaken by the Photographer pursuant to an Order shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Copyright in all Material is retained worldwide by the Photographer at all times and nothing shall be deemed as a release, transfer, assignment or other disposal of the Photographer’s rights in the Material, save as: 3.1 specifically set out in these Terms and Condition or 3.2 may otherwise be agreed by the Photographer in writing.
4. In consideration of the Price the Photographer will undertake such work as is necessary to fulfil the requirements of an Order. 4.1 In consideration of the Photographer’s agreement in paragraph 4 above, the Customer will pay the price in accordance with the provisions set out in paragraph 5 below.
5. An Order shall be subject to the following provisions: 5.1 The Photographer shall be entitled to require a booking fee payment on account of the price in such sum as may be agreed between the Photographer and the Customer prior to the taking of any steps to create any Material. 5.2 All postponements and cancellations must be made to the photographer in writing. In the event of a cancellation of an Order by the Customer, in addition to any entitlement to claim damages for losses arising from such cancellation the Photographer shall, in any event, be entitled to retain the booking fee paid and/or agreed. Cancellation of a wedding shoot at less than 2 weeks notice is charged at 100% rate agreed (including all subcontractors booked). Cancellation at less than 10 weeks notice is charged at 70% of day rate. 5.3 The Photographer shall be entitled to agree to regard any Order that is not evidenced in writing as invalid. The photographer is also entitled to agree that any order made by telephone, email or any other means of communication as valid and in agreement with GO4 Photography’s Terms and Conditions. 5.4 The Photographer licences the Customer to utilise the Material produced as a result of the Customer’s Order to the extent set out in writing between the Customer and the Photographer. Any breach of such licence shall automatically revoke such licence without further notification from the Photographer. 5.5 Unless specifically otherwise agreed in writing between the Photographer and the Customer, the Photographer is entitled to utilise Material ordered by the Customer for the advertising, marketing and promotion of the Photographer’s business. 5.6 The Photographer shall be entitled to sub-contract his obligations under an Order at his discretion. 5.7 Save as otherwise agreed between the Customer and the Photographer, the Photographer shall be entitled to use his judgement regarding the style and artistic input in the production of Material. 5.8 The Photographer shall not be liable to the Customer for any failure, in whole or in part, to fulfil his obligations under an Order where failure arises as a result of an event or circumstances beyond his control, which may include (but are not limited to) equipment failure, inclement weather, illness or injury. 5.9 Any licence granted by the provisions of paragraph 5.4 above shall be automatically revoked and shall only be capable of reinstatement upon payment of any outstanding sum plus interest and any other costs incurred by the Photographer. 6. The contractual relationship between the Photographer and the Customer shall be governed by the laws of Scotland.
7. An Order, as evidenced by information on the Booking Form and as governed by and together with these Terms and Conditions shall form the entire agreement between the Photographer and the Customer, save as otherwise agreed in writing.
8. Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject on the basis of style or composition.
9. All willing participants of any photo shoot will be automatically assumed to be in agreement with a standard model release, whether a release is physically signed or not. No customer can revoke their model release at anytime based upon their changed preferences.
10. The Client gives the Photographer the right to take photographs at the Wedding. The Client shall assist and cooperate with the Photographer in obtaining the desired photographs, including but not limited to specifying persons and/or scenes to be photographed, taking time to pose for photographs at the Photographer’s direction, providing a person to guide the Photographer to desired persons and/or scenes, pre-shoot consultations, etc. The Photographer shall not be responsible for photographs not taken as a result of the Client’s failure to provide reasonable assistance or cooperation.
11. For wedding photography only – the Photographer retains copyright in the photographs, and hereby grants the Client unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use or reproduce the photographs for which the Client pays.
12. Clients have 1 (one) year from the date that they receive their images disc to co-operate with the photographer in creating the wedding album. Clients will lose the right to their wedding album if no such co-operation is received.